Name: Adam Hicks Position: Northeast Regional Manager/Contract Services Sales Manager Years with the company: 6 years
1) What was your childhood like?
Very wholesome childhood; swam on neighborhood swim team, soccer, t-ball/baseball, rode bikes around the neighborhood with friends. I loved playing Sega Genesis with family and friends.
2) Who was a hero to you growing up? Why?
My Parents. They’re great role models, active in the community, well respected, hard working. Pedro Martinez is my favorite athlete; I wanted to play baseball just like him. Small in stature but the greatest pitcher of all time!
3) What are your hobbies?
Pre COVID-19 – enjoying relaxing at home with family, gardening, going to the movies, spending time enjoying the outdoors.
Post COVID-19 – watching TV, hanging with my wife, getting takeout food, and working from home.
4) How did you end up in metrology? Did you go to school for it?
My dad started in the metrology department at Newport News Shipyard and after more than three decades, left to start API’s Services Division. I went to James Madison University in VA and graduated with a degree in finance. I interned with API as a college student one year and was intrigued with the technology and how it’s used to help manufacturers overcome challenges. I started at the lowest end of the totem pole at API and have worked my way up over 6 years.
5) How did you come to be at API?
In 2012, I suffered from a chronic musculoskeletal issue that took me out of the work force for over a year. When I was ready to start working again, I took a position as the “front desk person” answering phones. Since then, I have recovered and have thankfully been able to work my way to where I am today. API has given me an incredible opportunity to expand my horizons and support my family.
6) What are your roles and responsibilities with API?
I am API’s Northeast Regional Manager as well as a Contract Services Sales Manager. I work with our customers in the Northeast and abroad to support their Metrology Product and Contract Service needs.
7) What sets API apart from other metrology companies in your mind?
API is a large company that feels small. I can get in touch with anyone at the company at the flick of my finger. API truly supports a team-based approach to solving our customers problems and needs. API is a true metrology solutions company driving innovation and moving the industry forward.
8) What API Product or Service are you most excited to tell people about?
I really wish I could speak about some of the products we have in R&D right now. The future will definitely be bright for API.
9) What about API’s future excites you?
New products and solutions that are in the pipeline. In addition, with the onset of the COVID-19 crisis and future implications, API has invested countless hours positioning ourselves as the metrology company of the future. We have a head start in bridging the digital gap between API and our customers.
10) What does “Nothing Beyond Measure” mean to you?
It means that API is very dynamic in its approach to being a metrology “solutions” company. No matter what your measurement project is, API has the products, personnel, services, and tribal knowledge to make a meaningful impact. I have been a witness to multiple scenarios where a company came to API in need of a measurement solution that at the time didn’t exist. API has innovation and engineering in its veins and loves to help bring our customer’s measurement visions to life!
Read More API News
- Automated Precision, Inc. Expands Presence in Asia with New Office in South KoreaAutomated Precision, Inc. (API), a global leader in advanced metrology solutions, today announced the opening of a new office in Seoul, South Korea, as part of its ongoing commitment to expanding its global presence. The new office represents the sixth […]
- Radian Laser Tracker with vProbe or iScan3D at Alltime Low Price!API Brings Back Popular Radian Plus and vProbe/iScan3D Bundles at Special Pricing – Automated Precision, Inc. (API) is pleased to announce that the company is bringing back its popular bundles of Radian Plus and vProbe or iScan3D at their lowest […]
- API’s Dynamic 9D LADAR Makes IMTS Debut[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”] [et_pb_row admin_label=”row”] [et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”] Breakthrough LADAR technology sets new standard in non-contact optical dimensional metrology for manufacturing industries In September, API’s Dynamic 9D LADAR, an innovative LAser Detection and Ranging system that captures both dimensional and surface […]